Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast at School


The kids had their Thanksgiving Feast at school today. We started off with a rally in the gym and then did three laps around the school/church property to raise money for JDRF. A little girl that went to Macland a few years ago had Juvenile Diabetes so they have been a great supporter each year to this family/the organization. Most of the kids didn't understand that it was supposed to be a "walk" and they ran the three laps - Kaitlyn in the lead of course! Tyler and I tried to keep up on the stroller.

We then had a great meal in the fellowship hall of the church. The kids had made really cute decorations for the tables. Kaitlyn and Tyler's "placemats" are laminated pieces of art. They were both so cute I had to share. Some of the other kids "recipes for Turkey" from Kaitlyn's class were hysterical. I'm glad Kaitlyn at least mentioned something healthy - although I'm not really sure where Salad is coming from since she won't eat it!!

Kaitlyn's class also made Indian costumes out of pillow cases. The class looked so cute but I couldn't get to my camera in time so I took her picture once we got home.

1 comment:

a little leprechaun said...

Very cute costume!! Love the recipe - that's my kind of cooking!