Monday, December 8, 2008

Hot Berry Soup


Yesterday Kaitlyn, Allen and I spent a few hours outside decorating the yard while Tyler napped. We try to out do the Griswolds every year - I'll post pictures another day soon. Anyway, Kaitlyn decided to pick these little red berries off of the holly bushes out front. She got a big bowl full and then kept saying she wanted to make hot berry soup. After dinner we heated up a bowl of "hot" water and then I let her offer the ingredients for the soup. We added salt, pepper, sugar, vanilla, milk and raspberry jam (I added red food coloring). She dumped in the berries and was so excited. It broke my heart trying to explain to her that she couldn't actually eat it!!

1 comment:

a little leprechaun said...

So sweet!! Maybe you could let her pick another type of berry at the grocery store to make her soup?? I wonder if she would eat it?? ;-)